Monday, June 2, 2008

Discipline, Discipline, Discipline

I have to say thank you to Kristen for posting on how some days are all about discipline. It's so good to hear someone else say it! There are days when I think, "Wow, I must be a pretty good mama. My kids are well behaved, they love each other, they are obedient...I'm doing something right." Then there are the other days when it just seems like no matter what I say or do everything is such a struggle.

But I think it is that way because it is a reflection of our own hearts and the Lord. I mean, there are times when I really do feel like I've got this relationship thing down. I'm obedient to His voice, I'm actively seeking his voice and what He is saying and doing and I'm pleased with my progress. Then there are other times when I just am not interested. I don't usually say no I just tend to ignore Him or pretend to not hear.

I'm really just like a wayward child. And my wayward children make me want to scream like Jan Brady, "Discipline, discipline, discipline! It's all about discipline!"

1 comment:

Christy Ward said...

Thanks for posting this honest assessment of yourself!! It makes me feel tons better to know that I am not the only one who still feels a struggle at times with our walk with the Lord, especially when I know I have dissappointed Him!