Monday, June 23, 2008

Baby Micah

We went for an ultrasound today and we are having another boy! David is thrilled since he has been asking for a brother the whole time (except for last night and this morning but he will soon be back to his love for a brother I'm sure).

The ultrasound tech was terrible and wouldn't tell us anything which, of course, freaked me out. I cried really hard because it scared the crap out of me. I've never had a tech refuse to tell me anything at all. It was weird. I was so glad that Chuck was with me. She finally did tell us that if anything was wrong she would have called her supervisor and then my Dr. My midwife said, "no news is good news" and not to worry that that particular tech was obviously just a stickler for the rules. She will call me tonight or tomorrow and confirm that everything is okay. Sigh....such trauma. That tech had never been pregnant. She has no idea the crazy paranoid thoughts I have to battle every day obviously!

Anyway, we love the name Micah for a boy and are really looking forward to meeting him. Just thought y'all would want to know!

7 comments:

Pajama Mama said...

Abigail would have been "Micah" had she not been an Abi.

Hannah Hoffmann said...

Geeze, that makes me want to punch her in the nose!

I can't wait to meet sweet Micah!

Christy Ward said...

How exciting...another boy. Micah is a sweet name! Obvs. that tech. has never been on the "other side of the table"!!

Micah and Shireen said...

Sorry about your bad experience! But Micah will be so excited to hear he made such an impression on you all those years working together that you would name your baby after him! Hehehe...it is a great name. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!! boys are so fun.

Kristi said...

That would scare me too, about the lab tech. I hate stuff like that. Can't wait to hear more about Baby Micah!

The Journey said...

I LOVE the name Micah. At some point in life I will be stealing his name. It also roles off the southern tongue well so that you can really drawl out "Micah, get down from there"

Always a plus when giving a kid a name!
-Christen