Thursday, March 27, 2008

TV Families

Has anyone ever noticed that tv families are strange? Either they fight all of the time about everything or they are just weird. For example, it seems like every couple on tv has an unlimited supply of energy for steamy sex. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like it as much as the next woman but really. I'm exhausted by 9:00! (No, make that 7:30) Chuck and I are happy but we are not the Cosby family dancing into the bedroom every night.

And have you ever really paid attention to the kids on tv? Little Johhny and Susie are perfect. If a visitor comes to see dad, Johnny politely says hello (Susie is MIA) and then goes to do an art project with mom while dad has a conference. My "Johnny" refuses to leave when visitors are around because he smells a fresh audience. "Susie" is terrified of strange faces. She's immediately shrieking and climbing on top of my head.

Something just doesn't add up here. Am I alone in this?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! so true!!! tv families just don't seem to be "normal" and like you I am totally exhuasted by 7 or so too!!!

Anna said...

I just watch Friends. Despite lack of some morals, they make me laugh and I can relate to most of their issues, such as being exhausted by 7, having issues at work, children that aren't perfect, parents that aren't perfect, friends that aren't perfect...better to laugh about it!!