Monday, March 24, 2008

Cleaning My Nest

It has recently come to my attention that my spiritual "nest" needs some housecleaning. Mama and I were discussing, several weeks back, how some things in your "nest" can crowd out others. For example, when I hold onto unforgiveness, bitterness, anger, hurt, mustrust, whatever - the list could go on and on - my nest gets crowded. Where's the room for happiness, thankfulness, joy and all of the other cool stuff?

And it's interesting to me that my nest shrinks when I get junk in it but seems to expand when its filled to the brim with good stuff. When I am holding onto the past hurts or whatever it seems like I can't get happy. Everything is dim and gloomy and not as it should be. But when I focus on the good and the positive things that God is doing, I am unable to capture with words all of the blessings in my life! And it is mostly a matter of perspective.

So, my Faithful Father has brought to my mind a few things that I need to let go of. Surprisingly, things I thought I had already let go but apparantly not. I'm willing because I can always use more good and perfect gifts in my nest. And we know that every good and perfect gift comes from our Father above.

2 comments:

Hannah Hoffmann said...

Thanks for the reminder. I can always use a little more perspective myself. I'm grateful to be able to talk to you and hear your thoughts first hand too!

Anonymous said...

yes, great reminder!