Monday, March 10, 2008

Button Button Who's Got The Button?

I am a woman with a lot of buttons. I have a "Don't make me angry" button. I also have a "You're on my last nerve" button. But perhaps most unfortunately I have a "Gripping fear" button. And it got pushed this weekend.

As some background, I am a transformed fearful person. I can remember living with paralyzing fear over a variety of issues ever since I was a little girl. Now, due to my Father's saving grace and transforming power, I rarely feel that fear any more. At least not in such great measure. Except when it comes to my children and husband. Okay, mostly my children.

So this weekend a relative pushed my fear button. Not intending harm, she made a few thoughtless comments about my family, which in turn pushed my most dreaded of buttons. I was a little angry, but mostly afraid. Afraid that what she said was true and that it was a fact. Afraid, almost, that it was our destiny, I guess, as if the power of Christ is not greater than a few thoughtless words.

Oh me of little faith and love. The Bible tells us that perfect love casts out all fear and he who is afraid has not allowed himself to be perfected in love. That's me. I have obviously not allowed myself enough time at my Father's feet absorbing his powerful love and truth for the lives of my family. AND our word at church last night was so powerful for me. What a well timed truth for my heart.

I have power in my words and - thank you Mrs. Janice - I am the authority over my children and I reject and rebuke any "curse" that was handed to us. So here goes, I will try it out.

World Wide Web hear me - I am not afraid! My family will thrive. My children will grow healthy, physically, emotionally, mentally, and socially. Mine and Chuck's parenting skills are enough. We will pass on a heritage of faith and love for the Lord and our children will receive a deep understanding of how great the Father's love for them is. They will be like trees planted by the rivers of water and will flourish even when times are hard. And I am not afraid.

So take that satan. And I'm thinking about sewing on a new button. I think I will get a "You've really pissed me off now, enemy, and I'm going to fight you tooth and nail" button.

I'll keep you updated on how my button is developing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You, Go, Girl!

Anna said...

I want one of those buttons!!! ASAP!!! I "scream at my pecan trees" this morning!!