Monday, January 28, 2008

So Much More To Come

For those of you reading this blog that are first time mothers, (okay, Shireen) there is so much more to come than the loss of things described in my last post. One thing that will come your way is the manipulation.

Now, if your baby is under a year, you probably smile and say, "Oh, they are so manipulative, aren't they?" Huh...You haven't seen anything but the cute stuff yet. I'm not talking about the little pouts they do to get their way. I'm talking about the full blown fits resembling something seen in a deliverance session and the comments that cut you straight to your heart.

For example, David got out of his bed a few minutes ago after being settled in for the night. That's a big no-no. After receiving his mild spanking and having a far too dramatic reaction over it, he starts begging for his baby bed. What?!? Yes, he is asking for his crib that is now in the attic.

Talk about feeling low. Not only do I hate the feeling that I get after spanking him but now I feel like I am robbing him of his childhood by making him sleep in a big boy bed. How does he know that this will make me feel like a crumb? I don't know, he just does.

It's unbelievable what a three year old can do to his parents. Who knew? So, first time parents, get ready to experience some unbelievable manipulation because I can guarantee you that your child will be ready to dish it out.

No comments: