Friday, February 27, 2009

Secret Meetings

Some days I think my kids would have been great Minute Men or other key revolutionary figures in history. They have the most important thing: a strong desire to overthrow the ruling government.

Let me explain. This week has been......tough. Rae has had a runny tummy so she has been whiii-nee. Now let me tell you something - that child can whine. She throws back her head, exposes her throat, and lets it go. It's something to see for such a little girl. David has also not been 100% either. He hasn't been bright eyed at all. He has been, as my daddy would say, "weak eyed." (It's all about the eyes!) And, since he doesn't feel good, that has shown up in his behavior in a major way. Lots of whining and arguing. Even sweet Micah has been a little fussy this week!

This is what I imagine happens early in the morning before I get up.

David sneaks into Rae's room and loudly whispers, "Get up! It's time to plan." For the next 10 minutes or so they work on a scheme to drive me crazy. The scheme includes lots of whining, questioning authority, plenty of tantrums and some diarrhea never hurts. Then they quickly put this plan into action before mama and daddy can get out of bed. Hit em where it hurts. This continues for at least one week so Mama is ready to commit herself to the nearest place where one can be committed. Doesn't matter what kind of rehab it is - Mama needs it!

If you need me to spell it out for you I will - It's been a tough week. We need a touch from the Lord or there will be consequences.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

amen, i hear you sista. me too! i need some HOLY SPIRIT big time. glad its friday.

Pajama Mama said...

And this is, of course, in response to a monthly online secret midnight meeting of all preschoolers...led by some kindergartners who have btdt and are willing to share how-to's, vast experience and all secrets....

Hilliard Family said...

Don't forget the dog. I think my dog arouses everyone for the meeting. They meet more often when Daddy is unavailable.

Anna said...

I LOVE IT!