Tuesday, February 3, 2009

25 Random Things

I've been tagged by Facebook and e-mail and on blogs and I can't keep up! So I'm going to do my "random things" here.

1) I hate to feel trapped. I won't even let Chuck hold me too close or tightly. It makes me feel very nervous.

2) The older I get the less I like animals. It's weird. I used to really love dogs, cats, birds, etc. I'm over it now.

3) When I was a young girl, I would pray almost every day that I would be wise like Solomon. I always imagined God giving me a choice of riches or wisdom and, of course, I would pick wisdom in the scenario (and secretly hope for the riches too).

4) I hate it when people say, "I could care less." That doesn't make sense people! If you could care less than you then why even bother to make the statement. Think about it.

5) When my kids start using sayings that I use it scares me. (ex: David telling me, "I made a dog mess!")

6) I hate the flies and the mice out here in the country. Some days I think I would trade the beautiful scenery for fewer yucky things.

7) I love reading people's blogs about their children.

8) I love hearing about and "knowing" other people's children.

9) I'm not really all that maternal and therefore don't get the warm gushies for other people's children. Only my own and my nieces and nephews. Sorry. If that makes me bad I can't help it. I've accepted it.

10) I know that being a SAHM is the best thing that I can do for my kids.

11) Some days I would trade being a SAHM for a job that challenges me mentally and not just emotionally.

12) I don't like for anyone to kiss me except for Chuck and the kids. I have one person in my life who insists on kissing me every time they see me and it drives me crazy! It's gross.

13) I have the least amount of tolerance when I'm pregnant. Very little tolerance for anything.

14) I agree with Melissa. I don't want to talk about things over and over. Get over it already.

15) I love fantasy books. Eragon, Harry Potter, right up my alley.

16) I like to smell good like perfume.

17) I feel like the people whose blogs I read are really close to me when in reality some of them I barely know.

18) I cannot function when my kitchen is dirty. It's too much for me to handle.

19) I don't really care if the bathrooms are dirty or not.

20) Rae has little tiny feet like I do.

21) I want Rae to be beautiful and smart. One of my fears for her is that she will think being beautiful is an accomplishment and will stop there. Dumb girls drive me crazy.

22) I really admire women who choose to homeschool their kids. They are giving up so many years of their lives and what they want to do for themselves. Really selfless.

23) I don't plan to homeschool my kids.

24) I sometimes lay awake at night with theme songs from Disney Playhouse running through my head. It's irritating.

25)This took more work than I thought it would.

I would love to read other people's 25 random things but won't "tag" anyone. It's too much pressure!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love all of them. I can relate to most of them. Really to #1. Hope all is well your way.

The Cornett Family said...

You cracked me up when you went on about how wonderful women who homeschool are...then said you don't plan to homeschool. Your comedic timing is spot on :)

Kristi said...

Have you read mine on FB? We're alike on the animal thing. I also TOTALLY agree about the homeschool thing - a HUGE deal. But, I think I'll pass, unless the Lord REALLY leads me there :)

Anonymous said...

#2...me too! i grew up in an animal lover's home but i don't really know if i ever want to have a pet of my own! i'd almost rather have another child!

Candace said...

I'm with you on #4. Every time someone says that I correct the silently in my head by thinking: "Actually, you COULDN'T care less." All things grammatically incorrect irritate me.

Micah and Shireen said...

First of all, you are SO wise and I have always thought so. There are still many days in my life where Micah and I talk about how Kate would handle a situation like this...you made a big impact on both our lives!

Second, I love that Rae has your feet...that is so cute! I think little feet are just so cute. Plus shoes just look better on girls with smaller feet...let's just face it.