Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Glitter

Okay, for those of you who don't know this (and most of you do, I'm sure) I am not crafty.


Hello, my name is Kate, I can't do crafts.


It's sad I know. Now stop sneering! I can't help it. It's genetic and if you know my mother you know that's true too. I'm not disdainful of crafts at all. I think it's cool. I love scrapbooks but I do not scrapbook. Can't. No talent or patience for it all. I always envied Melissa in college because she is so freakin crafty. And I am not.


Glitter, yes I'm back to it. So, tomorrow night I am leading a Bible Study for some middle school girls. The Lord gave me some neat ideas and a topic and it has driven me to crafts. God helps us all. So, I was planning on doing something completely from scratch and in rides Martha Stewart on her white horse!




Aren't they cute? Cards with glitter butterflies! Except mine have nature things on them but sweet Martha packaged the glitter and the stickers and everything and I really didn't do much but am extremely proud of my crafts. Jeannie and Anna, check the cards out when the girls get home tomorrow night and sight with envy at my skill. Or Martha's. Whatever.

5 comments:

Pajama Mama said...

Awesomeness!!!!

Let's just hope Rayray doesn't read this before tomorrow night, though, or your the mystery won't be so mysterious!

And...don't be dismayed if Rayray isn't as excited as others, bc she, too, shares your craftlessness. :)

Melissa said...

Hello. My name's Melissa and I lived with Kate and she is FAR more creative than she gives herself credit for.

Those cards really do look cute-- have fun!!!!!

Hilliard Family said...

I think they're cute. What many of us "crafters" will tell you is that we are just good at following the directions :) Enjoy!

Anna said...

They were AWESOME, love love the colors. *sigh* I'm so proud of you!! And thank you for being with the girls last night, they had a blast. Good way to kick it off!!!

The Cornett Family said...

Kate if I remember correctly you made sheep out of tampons for children's church back in the day, I think that's pretty creative...and dang resourceful!