Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Pap Smear

First of all, isn't that the grossest name they could have given that? I mean, it's disgusting. I had my first physical appt. (of many during the pregnancy) with a midwife yesterday where they did the pap smear, pelvic and breast exam. I always hate those. It doesn't matter how many children you've had - they hurt! And they always say, "Now just relax." Yeah right. You are probing me with a foreign object and it feels like it. Sure I can relax, maybe if I were dead or had an epidural or something. I think an epidural is totally warranted for an event like that. Completely. Not over the top at all.

Can I get an amen?

4 comments:

Christy Ward said...

AMEN, sister, Amen!!

Anna said...

Oh my....yes AMEN.

Hannah Hoffmann said...

I think I might lose my lunch.

Pajama Mama said...

Nope, not me. I am scared of epidurals. But a valium might do the trick.