Friday, December 28, 2007

Oh what a morning!

Have you ever known in the first few minutes of the day what the rest of it will be like? It's scary isn't it? This morning was like that.

Chuck insisted that he had to go to the store at 6:45 this morning. I'm already at the computer working and knowing that as soon as he leaves the children will get up and my quiet work hours will be interrupted. Yep..

I leave David playing in his room while I go to change Rae. She has a very full diaper. Wouldn't have been so bad if she hadn't put both her foot and her hand in it. Did I mention the light was off? She has doodoo on her hand, her foot, my hands and I can't really see where else.

So I call for David (at the top of my lungs). No response. I know he can hear me. I know it. I call again - and again - and again - and again. No response. He finally comes out of his room with his hands over his ears (yes, my calls were getting progressively louder) and is starting to tear up.

Sigh...So many things are wrong with this picture. David is already crying at 7 in the morning, Rae is screaming and playing with poo and I am relying on a two year old to come and rescue a dirty situation. So many things wrong.

It's too much I tell you. Too much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've made the change-the-diaper-with-the-lights-off mistake myself many a time. They're always more full when you do that, too, aren't they?