Thursday, March 19, 2009

What the heck

I am completely unable to let this go. It was reported yesterday on www.msnbc.com that a woman who is married to a millionare is seeking $53,000.00 a week in alimony. That's right. You read that correctly. 53K. A week.

Are you friggin kidding me?

I mean, granted she's 36 and he's 67 (he really should have seen this one coming) but still. It's ridiculous. She has a prenup that gives her 43 million. Is that enough? Noooooo. Because she has "expenses."

She has to be able to pay for her Park Avenue apartment and her three places in Sweden. Oh, and don't forget her list of things such as weekly clothes "budget" of $4,500.00 and the $1,000.00 it takes to care for her skin and hair.

There is no way that I have spent $4,500.00 on clothes since I've been married! Much less a week? And has got to be the ugliest woman alive if it takes $1,000.00 a week to see about her skin and hair. I mean - could she possible have leprousy and need special skin treatments?

I feel sure that if she had to live any of our lives she would be totally slumming. Poor thing.

Melissa and Jake, how long could you stay in Prague for $53,000.00 a week? I'm pretty sure it's longer than the grandparents of your children would like to think about.

Clay and Deborah, how many new cars could you buy for that?

Sheesh.

6 comments:

Christy Ward said...

It's sick, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

That just makes my stomach turn. She needs help.

Hilliard Family said...

Isn't it sad that these are the folks that end up with the money? I venture to guess that we all are much happier than she is.

Pajama Mama said...

She could feed, clothe and house a small country with that money!!!!!

Melissa said...

Wow! Thanks for the blog shout-out!
And yes... uhm.... that money could go a loooong way in the ole Czech Republic.
Maybe the Lord will soften her heart and some missionaries somewhere will reap the benefits!!!!

Heather said...

I LOVE IT WHEN YOU GET FIRED UP!!