Friday, December 5, 2008

Smiles and Spanish (AKA Oh, I am so tired)

We have been so busy lately and I'm not even sure what we've been doing! I've put off posting because I'm enbarassed by my lack of pictures. But screw it, I'm doing the best I can. So, here is an update:

Two weeks ago we were told that our house buyers backed out of our contract, Chuck pulled a muscle in his back (read: Mama has to take care of everything and is worn out), Chuck's sister got a bad report on her quad screen re Down Syndrome, and that was also when I had a clogged milk duct and felt like I had the flu. Milk ducts are now fine, nephew looks good with no abnormalities showing on the ultrasound, Chuck's back is a little better (at least the moaning and groaning has subsided somewhat), but still no buyer.

One week ago Chuck's family was here for Thanksgiving as well as all of mine minus my older sister Raeanna. We sort of alternated, seeing my family one day and Chuck's the next. The kids were totally worn as as well as having colds. Rae's cough has been so bad that it has made her throw up a few times. And let me tell you - she is such a girl! She starts screaming, "I spit up! I spit up!" and wants to be cleaned immediately. We did manage to get most of our Christmas shopping done and let me just say that I'm relieved.

This week I have been to see our Dr. twice - once for well baby and once for sick older kids. I feel like I've been seeing him a lot lately. He's so nice but he's such a man. Micah was fussy on Monday and he asked me (in his cute Indian accent), "Why is he crying? Is he hungry?" Good grief! If I fed him every time he fussed my nipples would fall off. Whatever.

Next week Chuck's 80 year old grandmother is having surgery (pelvic prolapse (ick, you don't even want to know what can happen when we get older!)) and then I am having some semi-permanent birth control two days later. I'm nervous about the first and thrilled about the second!

OH! Smiles and Spanish! Micah has started smiling. He looks so cute when he does it. He almost looks like a grown man. So sweet.

I overheard David and Rae talking in the bathtub the other night and she was gibbering away to him (even though she can talk as clearly as I can) and he finally stopped her and said, "Rae! I can't speak Spanish." I laughed so hard. Sometimes I want to say that to my family when they are pulling on me constantly and asking for stuff. "People! I can't speak whatever language you're speaking and therefore will begin ignoring you now."

Sorry it was so long. Thanks for the two people who got through all of this.

8 comments:

Hannah Hoffmann said...

That is really funny. I often feel the same way, "It's like he's trying to tell me something, I know it!"

Hope you get some rest soon.

Anonymous said...

oh girl, i feel your pain. congrats on the semi permanent birth control. i will pray for you when i feel overwhelmed. i think about you often.

HaleyM said...

I enjoyed your blog, I am glad things are looking up it seems around your house. When I get out of school, we are having a date FOR SURE! Love you girl and miss you!

Melissa said...

Glad yall are surviving-- the Spanish thing is hilarious. And boy do those clogged milk ducts hurt-- I feel ya, sister.

Pajama Mama said...

Why is he crying? hahahahaha I love me some Dr. Wondertel.

Hilliard Family said...

Hope you are already doing a bit better. I said something similar to Gabby yesterday - that I didn't understand whiny voice. Kids always say things the best way!

Heather said...

I love that you are always so candid and real! Love you!

Micah and Shireen said...

You make me laugh. Glad everything is getting better. Sounds like your little ones are keeping you on your toes! Love you!