Friday, October 24, 2008

Our Life

I haven't blogged in a week because I kept thinking that I would go into labor and the next blog would be about our beautiful new baby.

Unfortunately not.

I'm still pregnant. I mean, good grief. I was at 3 1/2 cm yesterday and the midwife said if I haven't gone into labor on my own by next Thursday then, if I want to, we will talk about an induction date. Are you kidding me? Of course I will want to! I'm very ready to have Micah here and settle into life with three kids. Sigh....

Speaking of life, it's still going on around here. David had some kind of wicked headache thingy on Wednesday. Not exactly sure what it was but he is better now. I took him to see the Nurse Practitioner and she gave us some anti-nausea medicine so he could sleep it off. He did. Bless his heart.

Rae is getting her big teeth in. She's pretty miserable. She's like her mama and is not into pain. She's also been coming up to me and telling me that she wants to poo-poo in the potty. Are you kidding me? I'm so not ready for that journey. She's going to have to stay in diapers for a little while longer.

Chuck worked so hard last week and got the house in town completely ready for the new owners so now we are just waiting on them to get their stuff together and we will close. We're excited. It's really nice to have him home on days like today (it's flooding here) and not have any projects hanging over our heads.

We have been so blessed by the Lord recently and yet in the middle of it all have one particular area that we really are having to trust Him for. Why is it so hard? After all we have watched Him do this should be no stretch for us. Our humanity gets on my nerves sometimes.

Okay, that's it. Maybe my next post really will be about the new baby.

5 comments:

Hannah Hoffmann said...

I am feeling you on the whole "humanity". I can say the exact same thing, God is faithful and I am still fretting over silly stuff. I'm glad He's still teaching me in spite of myself!

Melissa said...

I thought about you tonight-- we watched the new Indiana Jones movie and I didn't know that the kid from Even Stevens was in it. Oh, the Pineview days of the Disney channel:-)
I'll pray that Micah will make his debut soon!

Pajama Mama said...

I noticed the house in town the other day...all neat and clean and empty. I was hoping that meant Chuck was done.

I guess Micah is laughing at our attempt to schedule his arrival for 10/21. Or 10/22.

I miss you way out there in the boonies!

Anonymous said...

praying you will be holding that baby soon!!1

Heather said...

I'm glad you are staying updated! I keep excitedly checking yours and Hannah's blog waiting on some news about Micah. I am praying for you! Love Ya!