Monday, September 15, 2008

Upheaval

Life at our house has been a little chaotic lately. The kids definately know that something is different. I think it is unsettling to them that I can't hold them and pick them up like I usually can. David burst into tears yesterday over some little something and then started asking for Grandma. When I asked why he said so she could hold him and rock him. Sigh... I volunteered to do it but he said my stomach was too big and there was no room for him. This is the part of pregnancy that I don't like. It's hard to see the kids get pushed over a little to make room for a new one.

RAe has been super clingy, another by-product of these late days of pregnancy I think. She wants to be held all the time and refuses to let me out of her sight, even at home. She had gotten better about this and I thought we were turning a corner but apparently not.

On the upside, I am feeling good except for being tired and heavy. That's not too bad to be this late in the game. I'm 33 weeks today so I'm definately making progress. Lots of contractions so I'm hoping that means when it's time that I will have a quick labor.

Anyway, that's our update. I haven't been very good at blogging lately and I make no promises for the weeks to come. Be patient with me!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Contractions at 33 weeks already? You go, girl.

Pajama Mama said...

Such a hard concept for the littles to understand...By the first of the year, they will prob be used to the idea of a new baby brother...Until then, I'll be happy to hold D or R!

Hannah Hoffmann said...

I hated when I couldn't hold Luke anymore. Just a little longer!

Hilliard Family said...

Hang in there! They certainly will survive. Wait until they are just too heavy for you to carry at all. Daddy can still carry Gabby but she has passed my limit unless under distress.