Friday, September 5, 2008

An Awkward (Thanks for the spell check!) Conversation

So I had a phone call today from PeachState. PeachState is a Medicaid company that is supplementing our health insurance while I am pregnant and for Micah's first year of life. This young sounding guy wanted to enroll the baby for free and send me a Wal-Mart $25 gift card. Okay, I'm up for that but I needed to answer questions first. No problem. I know that's really how they determine what kind of people are using their services and if they are effective. I'm good.

Then he starts his questions. Now let me assure you that if I was having multiple sexual partners or "engaging in risky sexual behaviors" then I would have been embarassed. But since I'm a one man woman it was okay.

Then he starts asking questions about my uterus and vagina (including vaginal discharge!) and it got kinda weird. I finally stopped him and asked, "Doesn't it horrify you to have to ask women these kinds of questions?" He said, "Yes, Ma'am. It was really difficult at first. And some woman have actual answers to some of these questions." Yikes. Bless his heart. I know a job is a job and it's good that he's willing to support his family but again - bless his heart.

Ladies, we need to be interceding for this man a better job. Yick. Can you imagine having to listen to all that kind of info from women all day long? All I can say is bless his heart and God give him another job that does not involve women's vaginas. (Unless of course he is in med school to become a OB/GYN Dr. and he is using this job to supplement his income and in that case.....I don't know.)

4 comments:

Pajama Mama said...

EWWWW.

Did you mean awkward on the blog title or did you mean Ackward. As in bass ackward. And if you need clarification on that, it can not be on a public blog forum such as this.

;)

I hope you're feeling better but still resting and h2o'g.

Hannah Hoffmann said...

Glad to know you are not having multiple sexual partners or engaging in risky sexual behaviors. And if that ever changes, Chuck would be the one you should discuss that with. Not me or some strange man on the phone. Weird, weird, weird.

Hilliard Family said...

It's kind of like going to the dr on a military post and the poor soldier who has to pre-screen you is about 18 (but looks like he is 12) and is bright red before the questions are over. And these are normal questions like "Have you had any female surgery?" Of course, he chose the medical branch...

HaleyM said...

Hello! Where are you? Your blog is slacking a little. Heak even I have posted a blog.