Friday, August 22, 2008

When It Rains It Pours

Ever heard that expression? Well, it's "pouring" here and I don't mean from Tropical Storm Fay either. Last night Rae had a fever of 104. What!?! Where did that come from? She's been fine and then all of a sudden - bam! The next few times I checked her temp (at 2 and 6 this AM) there was no fever but I still kept medicating her afraid that it would come back.


Anyway, David has been fever free since Monday but he is acting so weird lately. This morning he got up weeping and wailing about something or other at 6 when I was seeing about Rae. He is whiny and gets tired out from the smallest thing. Great. This means that I can't send him to 3K which means I will have them both all day again, which means another day of needing to grocery shop that will have to be put off.

No groceries no problem you say? Well, that would be true except that my iron is low from pregnancy which means I have zero energy. And I do mean zero. Yesterday I could barely lift my head I was so tired. I need some iron rich foods that I can stomach (and I need to have my iron Rx filled) because apparently my queasiness has come back a tad.

I know that I'm whining but I've had about 5 hours of sleep and I'm truly exhausted.

Anyway, by the time I start getting comments on this post I'm sure I'll be in a better state of mind but until then....when it rains it pours.

5 comments:

Pajama Mama said...

There are people who will go to the store for you!!! Call me!

Hannah Hoffmann said...

If I had thought for one second (which I didn't) that I was ready to be pregnant again, this just reminds me how not ready for pregnancy I am.

Anonymous said...

Can you do grocery shopping online in the states? It's a wonderful thing! Feels lazy but when you have that little energy it needs to be saved for the important things.

Anonymous said...

Kate, I will be praying for you. I have not got to that point yet, and I thank God.

Thank you for my facebook comment too.

Heather said...

we are all entitled to a hormonal post or two or three.