Friday, August 8, 2008

Adventures in PreSchool

Well, Wednesday my firstborn started 3K at a local church. I just can't believe it. I just brought the little booger home from the hospital and here he is walking into his classroom without a backward glance for Mama.

He has had a great time so far. The first day he wet his pants (he was afraid he would miss something) and the next day he got in trouble for hitting (okay, what 3 year old doesn't hit? We're working on it. Cut us some slack!) but today he had an all around good day. I had to talk Chuck down from pulling him out on Thursday. He was convinced that our child was being "picked on." Whatever. You can't have 10 3 year olds peeing their pants and hitting each other. It just wouldn't work. But David's self esteem has remained intact (I'm laughing as I type b/c if you know David you know he does not have self esteem problems!) and he wanted to call his teacher to "tell her that I love her." Too funny. Just don't think she wants a Friday afternoon call from one of her 3 year olds.

I feel like I'm huge. Seriously. I've got three months left and I feel enormous. My weight gain is okay I just think I'm growing faster than I did with the other ones. I feel old and achy almost every afternoon. Yeesh. I've all but stopped picking the kids up. I have to sit down to hold them now. What a bummer.

4 comments:

Hannah Hoffmann said...

I don't know that I was ever able to pick Luke up once I passed week 12 when I was pregnant with Eli. Even squatting was dangerous because I usually fell over on top of Luke! I don't even want to think about what I'll be like with the next one!

Anonymous said...

david wetting his pants bc he did not want to miss something reminds me of josiah....he usually waits until the last possible minute to go to the bathroom for fear of the same thing. and come to think of it, i was like that when i was a kid too.

the last part of pregnancy is so hard. i feel larger and more uncomfortable at night and just pretty much tired all the time. i will pray that our God gives you strength to do all that you need to do!

Pajama Mama said...

When my Ray was in preschool she never got in trouble, ever. When Butter went, it was a diff story. He wouldn't stay in his seat (big surprise.) They had recess at the end of the morning and if you had gotten into trouble that morning, you had to stand by the fence during recess as punishment. I honestly started showing up 15-20 minutes before pick up time so he wouldn't have to stand by the fence!!! If he was playing, I'd watch him play until time to go. If not, I'd listen to the reasons he got in trouble....then we'd go home. All bc he wouldn't stay in his little seat. Almost every single time.

Marce said...

What a beautiful family!