Friday, July 18, 2008

Farmers at the Pharmacy

So David and I had an interesting conversation this morning. They are tearing down a few houses in town to make room for a pharmacy and I was trying to explain this to David. It went something like this.

Look David! They are tearing those houses down! Look at the big equipment.

Mama, where are those people that live there? They will be so sad that their houses are gone.

No, baby. People don't live there anymore and they got paid money to let their houses be torn down.

But they loved those houses. (of course he has never met anyone who has lived in one of those houses)

No darling, it's okay. They got paid money so they can build a pharmacy there.

Mama, no! I don't want farmers to live there. They live in dirt not in houses. (Not sure where he thinks his daddy and grandaddy live.)

No David. A pharmacy is where we get medicine. That's different than farmers.

Oh. Well, I didn't want them to tear those houses down...... Can we go swimming today?

5 comments:

Anna said...

I love it!! He kept saying he loved things the other night.... "David, that toy is too big for you to ride.." "But I lub it.." too cute!!!

Micah and Shireen said...

He is a cutie. I can't wait for the cute talking...right now we are in whining phase...not really liking it!

Pajama Mama said...

Awwww. What a smart boy! I never thought about the whole pharm/farm thing.

He's a doll.

The Journey said...

He has got such a caring heart! I love his perspective on things!

Heather said...

OH MY WORD!!!!!!!!!!