Monday, February 4, 2008

Green Housekeeping

I recently bought a book called Green Housekeeping. I am very interested in eliminating chemicals from our house that don't need to be here. I also want to do some things that will help be good to the environment. Soooo, I'm going to give it a shot. But all things in moderation, right?

Today I'm going to Wal-Mart and am going to buy some clothpins. I already have a line up in the yard that would work for a clothesline and when the weather cooperates (which it has been doing lately) I could hang some clothes on the line instead of using my dryer. That cuts down on my energy consumption and uses resources that are already available to me. Now, I know that Shireen is probably gritting her teeth that we have weather warm enough for that already but hang in there girl surely the snow and cold can't last forever.

So, I'll keep you posted on how my going green adventure progresses. If I only make one or two small changes at least it is a start.

1 comment:

Micah and Shireen said...

You are so right!!! In fact it is snowing 4 inches today!!! Let me know how the green cleaners work. I have been wanting to try them, but wonder if they really work well. Enjoy your warm weather!!!