Sunday, February 10, 2008

Fleas and Snakes

We've had a busy week. Lots going on and plenty of fun stuff to tell.

First of all my green housekeeping is progressing. I dried 4 or 5 loads of clothes on my new clothesline. Pretty exciting. I felt like such a hero for the environment. I know it is precious little but at least it's a start. I'm posting a picture soon so you can envision.

Snakes - We had a little baby snake on our front porch this week. Gross. I hate snakes. I am terrified of them and what really scares me the most is that David has no fear of anything. He loves all creatures great and small and wants to "investigate" them. Actually, let me take that back. He hates ladybugs. He told me he doesn't trust them. I'm still not sure where he got that from.

Fortunately for me, I have a heroic father who eliminated the baby snake. Unfortunately for me, I have a practical friend who pointed out that if there is a baby snake there are parent snakes. There whereabouts are still unknown.

Fleas - We have fleas in our backyard. I did not discover this until David was COVERED in bites. Could I have felt more like a trashy and incompetent mother? Absolutely not. The dog no longer lives with us but her fleas do. Great. Ignoring all grean housekeeping advice, my chemically licensed husband sprayed the heck out of the yard. The fleas are going down.

I asked him how the spraying went. His reply was, "Like the running of the bulls." What? "The bulls always die, baby. "

Okay, fine with me when it comes to fleas and snakes.

4 comments:

Hannah Hoffmann said...

Luke has flea bites, too! We don't even have a dog. Could Chuck come do some bull running here?

Anonymous said...

I hear frontline works pretty good, just put a little on the back of David's neck and it keeps the fleas off. You can buy some at any animal clinic.

Anonymous said...

your posts could not be more lame.

Anonymous said...

Frontline sux..ive used it n still found fleas..it doesnt repel them just kills them so they can still bite..get advantix