Friday, November 14, 2008

Second Week Stories

Micah is now 2 weeks old. I can't believe it. I feel like I have known him forever. It's amazing how such a tiny baby can be such a perfect fit with our family. David so loves his little brother and I love watching that grow.

So here are few of the things that happened this past week. Sorry, no pics again. Our computer is a little sick and tired and we haven't had time to get our digital pics on a disc yet. Patience everyone.

Anyway - last Sunday we took all 3 kids shopping for much needed clothes and shoes. It was a nightmare. Everyone acted badly (mommy and daddy included) except Micah. Rae started screaming in Wal-Mart and wouldn't stop. David did everything he could do to act crazy and Chuck and I shouted like both of our kids were deaf. Sigh....It was rough. In Chuck's words, "I am running my underwear up the flag pole. I surrender." Uh-uh. No way buddy. If anybody around here gets to quit it's me.

Micah has started waking up only once at night. Praise be to God.

I started the Love Dare book from the movie Fireproof over a week ago. It's really transformational. It really is. More on that at a later time.

I asked David to kiss Micah's hiney tonight. (Oh calm down. It was diapered and clothed.) It's just so cute when they have it all stuck out. He told me no way. "That's a private part." Well, at least my messages are getting through. There's hope.

Rae held Micah for the first time the other night. True, she started crying as soon as she touched him but we're making progress. At least she touched him!

I'm going to have ice cream before nursing Micah one last time tonight. I know I know. Don't judge. IT does have fruit in it!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You eat your ice cream! He needs the protein.

I'm surprised David didn't just tell you to kiss his hiney!

Christy Ward said...

Do you hate me b/c I like to read this post everyday b/c it makes me laugh soooo hard?!