Friday, November 7, 2008

First Week Funnies

Well, Micah has been here a week and he is such a sweet baby. Thank you Jeannie and Hannah for posting that first day for me. I'm still not crazy about the idea of sitting at the computer for long stretches of time so there are no pics today. Soon though. Maybe this weekend.

I have had some really funny things to laugh at this week and thought I would share a few of them.

David luuuuvs his new brother and can be heard singing the lullaby song to him at any given moment. Of course, he makes up his own words. Chuck heard him singing, "Lullaby and good night, I wish you could play with me but you ca-ant."

One night. late late in the evening (or was it early in the morning?) I was feeding Micah and noticed how cold his little foot was. After nursing him his foot was still cold and I thought I would check to see if the other one was. I thought his foot was tucked into his gown. Not so. He had wiggled it into his diaper! His whole foot up to his ankle was stuffed in his diaper. I laughed so hard I started to get those hysterical tears. It was the funniest thing I have ever seen.

Okay, now he's crying my name and I have to go. I'll update again soon.

10 comments:

Hannah Hoffmann said...

A man of many talents already. He probably had his foot stuffed in there to protect it from hypothermia, seeing how you guys keep your house 34 degrees below zero. Just a thought...

Heather said...

I need a picture to put on my blog!!! In reply to Hannah, I didnt know you kept your house at 34 degrees below zero! Mine is probably right around there too! I will have to come stay with you. I'm glad yall are doing well!
love you

Pajama Mama said...

Mrs. Mary always says that a baby with no socks is a colicky baby. I'm not sure if one foot in a diaper counts or not.....

Lullaby, and good night.

Pajama Mama said...

Mrs. Mary always says that a baby with no socks is a colicky baby. I'm not sure if one foot in a diaper counts or not.....

Lullaby, and good night.

Kristi said...

Kate, that's hilarious! Enjoy these sweet moments! Congratulations on your new little one.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Kate. I know that you are enjoying the little moments right now. Love to read all of your stories.

The Journey said...

SO FUNNY!!!

Your kids have the greatest imaginations and funniest happenings!

Great post!

She who hides behind her guitar said...

I am so exicted for all of you and i cant wait to meet Micah!
love yall!
Dana

She who hides behind her guitar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Micah and Shireen said...

So cute! Glad that David is loving his brother. Hope y'all are all adjusting.